- Tap water is far healthier than plastic bottles of water which leach chemicals into the
water you then drink. Please stop buying plastic bottled water.
- Use reusable plastic cups & cartons or filtered water re-usable bottles wherever possible.
- Support coffee shops/cafés who use/support plastic waste recycling. Use their re-usable coffee cups or bring your own.
- Use washing powder instead of liquid detergent, because liquid detergent always comes in a plastic bottle.
- Support shops/supermarkets that are committed to reducing the use of plastics in their products supplied by the manufacturer.
- Please use the dishwasher tablets that have a dissolvable wrapping.
- Say no to plastic straws.
- Avoid excessive food packaging, why does fruit and veg need to be wrapped in plastic? These can leach chemicals into the food.
- Say no to disposable cutlery.
- At all costs please avoid microbeads.
- Carry a shopping bag, if plastic a re-useable one!
- Use plant “pots” in the garden rather than plastic pots, cardboard seed trays etc.
- Start to use glass milk bottles, your local milkman still does this!
- Use a bamboo toothbrush! Same price as a plastic one!
- Use matches, NOT lighters.
- Go back to using wooden hangers & not plastic ones!
- Use a reusable glass bottle for your water, most café’s will even refill this for you!
List Courtesy of John Southworth & Chris Ingram