Royal Mail Group - 5-Year Mental Health Strategy – “Healthy Minds Matter”
CWU's National Health, Safety & Environment Officer, Dave Joyce has advised all postal branches of the Union of Royal Mail's mental health strategy for the next 5 years.
Writing in letter to branches (LTB508/17), Dave details the strategy as well as reminding branches of next month's World Mental Health Day 2017 which will see the launch of activities as part of the Strategy and plan:
Discussions have been taking place with the RMG Health Team on the subject of Mental Health in all its forms, including stress, anxiety and depression.
* Year 1 and 2 2017/18 – Benchmark and deploy standards to raise awareness,· educate and provide tools for managers and employees.
World Mental Health Day 10th October 2017
World Mental Health Day 2017 will see the launch of activities as part of the Strategy and plan including:-
• A dedicated WTLL/RMTV week beginning Monday, 9th October 2017.
• A Managers E-learning module launch. (CWU ASRs will be able to do this training Module).
• Courier content or insert.
• Everyday People Video (CSR) internal and external promotion.
• A new Mental Health “Z card” issued to all staff on how to access support.
• Communicating details of a new forthcoming Mental Health ‘Ambassador Programme’ Pilot.
• A Text Message, Donate/Fundraiser for the RMG charity partner ‘Action For Children’.
• A Mental Health Postmark. Initial prevention and education planned activity includes:
• A mandatory 20 minute e-learning module for all managers (as above).
• Communications campaign launching in October with WTLL, RMTV and Courier.
• Mental Health Video ‘Everyday People’ commissioned by CSR.
The Mental Health Strategy itself can be downloaded here
All documents can be downloaded from the Elibrary Database here
Source: CWU / Royal Mail